Thank you, one and all, for your warm welcome. Everyone has gone above and beyond to help me get oriented and up to speed. Jay and I are grateful! It has been a beautiful and meaningful Advent and Christmas season and I am looking forward to all that 2022 will offer.
The Transition Process
I know that many of you are eager to know what the transition process will entail. The transition team will resume meeting in January and I will work closely with them as we begin our work to lead the congregation through this significant time. Here is a brief overview of the first three steps in the process – you’ll hear much more in the days ahead.
- Step One: Taking Stock. Through a series of Town Hall meetings, we (the church family) will first look at our history. We’ll identify what is at the core of our DNA and what things are important to bring into the future. Second, we’ll take an honest look at where we are now, and then we’ll discern who God is calling us to be and what God is calling us to do in the next chapter of our story.
- Step Two: Developing Church and Candidate Profiles. Using the information gathered in the Town Hall meetings, the transition team will develop two profiles. The first, our church profile, will communicate information about SCC to potential pastoral candidates. The second, a candidate profile, will list the qualities and qualifications we believe God is leading us to seek in our new pastoral leader.
- Step Three: Calling a Pastor Search Team. Once our profiles are ready, we will call together a pastor search team to begin the work of identifying the person God is already preparing to bring to SCC.
What YOU Can Do
This season of transition is a critical one in the life of the church. We will be most successful in this process if we bathe every step of the way in prayer. Please pray for:
- The transition team as they plan Town Hall meetings, gather input, and work to create our profiles.
- Our next pastor. God is already at work preparing our next pastor. Please begin to pray for him/her now.
- Ways that you can contribute. Every voice is important in the process, so please plan to participate as often as you are able. Every person is also important to the work of the church, so ask God to show you where you can best use your gifts and passions in the New Year.
- This process will take time, and that’s okay. As we talked about in worship the first Sunday of Advent, let’s lean together into this liminal season and trust that God is at work among us!
I’m on the journey with you, Tracy